Fee Arrangement upon Admission and Refund Policy
(For full-time and part-time non-local degree programmes)
Fee Arrangement upon Admission
To accept an offer of admission to CityU SCOPE's non-local top-up programmes, applicants are required to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee by the deadline stated in the offer letter.
First Instalment of Tuition Fee
The non-refundable acceptance fee paid at the time of admission will be used to offset the first instalment of tuition fee upon enrolment.
If the time of making an offer of admission is close to the commencement of programme, applicants will be asked to pay acceptance fee together with the balance of first instalment of tuition fee in a lump sum.
All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless otherwise specified.
First Instalment of Tuition Fee (Full Refund)
After accepting an offer of admission from CityU SCOPE by paying acceptance fee or first instalment of tuition fee, applicants may request a full refund of fee paid under the following situations:
- When applicants accept an offer and fulfil all offer conditions, if any, of a comparable full-time UGC-funded degree programme or undergraduate programme subsidised under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP), and submit written request for refund# to CityU SCOPE before the following deadlines, whichever is earlier.
- 30 September 2016, 7:00pm
- The commencement of the first term/semester of the enrolled CityU SCOPE programme
- 3 weeks after the receipt of offer from a UGC-funded or SSSDP programme
|# Refund request will not be accepted without proper supporting documents.
- When applicants have used their best efforts to try to fulfil the condition(s) of offer and provide a written proof showing such condition(s) cannot be met by the date stipulated in the offer letter, resulting in a withdrawal of offer by the overseas university; or
- When the programme for which an offer is made is subsequently cancelled by the non-local university or CityU SCOPE.
Refund Due to Over-payment
Any overpayment of fees will normally be retained for settlement of future fees and charges. Students who wish to apply for a refund of the overpaid amount instead will be charged an administrative fee of $100.
Refund will not be made for an amount less than $10.
Please note refund of acceptance fee and tuition fees will only be made after students clear all outstanding matters and charges due to CityU SCOPE.