Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is one of CityU SCOPE's largest UK partners of Higher Education in Hong Kong. Edinburgh Napier delivers the skills and experience that matter. It combrines professional know-how with an academic approach and work-related learning to help its students succeed beyond university. Meanwhile, its research approach sharpes the world around us, improving lives in Scotland and across the globe.
Edinburgh Napier is one of the largest universities in Scotland, with almost 19,500 students. It is split into six Schools: The Business School, School of Arts & Creative Industry; School of Computing; School of Engineering & the Built Environment; School of Applied Sciences; and School of Health & Social Care. The University has approximately 1,500 staff and offers around 300 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as an extensive range of short courses for industry and commerce. Many of its short courses have been tailored to fit international clients’ needs and are delivered abroad.
The Business School
The Business School is the largest Business Schools in Scotland with more than 8,200 students. It offers a wide range of Business, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The Business School has been working with SCOPE at City University of Hong Kong since 1997, providing learning opportunities for students in Hong Kong to articulate from their associate degree and diploma programmes onto a number of our honours degree and degree programmes.
The School is the home to nine subject groups, namely: Accounting; Marketing; Human Resource Management; Strategy, Operations & Economics; Law; Tourism; Entrepreneurship; Langauges; and Financial Services. The Marketing Subject Group offers the Marketing degrees in the UK and Hong Kong. Our degrees focus on Marketing Management at both the strategic and tactical levels.
Edinburgh Napier University Scholorship
Scholarships are offered to students on this programme, with outstanding prior academic achievements. An award is also offered to an Honours student with outstanding performance in the programme.
Overseas Study Opportunity
In Trimester 2 students on this programme will have a valuable opportunity to study in the UK campus of Edinburgh Napier University for a whole trimester. Bursaries may be available for eligible students.
Edinburgh Napier University’s recent achievements include:
- 95.1% of our graduates are in work or further education six months after graduation (HESA 2015/2016).
- Times Higher Education ranks Edinburgh Napier in top 5% world universities.
- The top Scottish Modern University for Marketing subject (The Complete University Guide 2017).
- It is number 1 in the UK for nuturing student talent, according to the 2017 Guardian University Guide. This compares enty requirements with final degree awards to produce an added value score.
- It is the largest UK provider of higher education in Hong Kong, with more than 3,000 students studying there.
- More than half of its research was related either "world-leading" or "internationally excellent" in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- It is intrenationally recognised: in the recent QS Stars international university rankings, the quality of its teaching, internationalisation and employability were all officially recognised, with the University scoring five starts in each category.
- The Business is ranked in the UK’s top ten “EXCELLENT Business School with reinforcing international influence” (3 Palmes category) by the Eduniversal Worldwide Business School Ranking 2015.
- Edinburgh Napier has been offering Marketing programmes in HK since 2000.
- Over 210 students (Full- and Part-Time) on this BAMM programme in 2016/17. The graduates of our Marketing programmes will shortly reach around 2,270.
This is an exempted programme under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Ref. nos.: 452008 [BA (Hons)] & 452009 [BA]). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this programme may lead.