- Absent-minded – forgetful; careless
Example: My mother is very absent-minded and often forgets where she leaves her money.
- Barking up the wrong tree – looking in the wrong place or accusing the wrong person
Example: Philip is not your enemy, you are barking up the wrong tree
- Ducks in a row – to be organized
Example: The manager said, “I have to get my ducks in a row before we can begin the new production process.”
- Make hay while the sun shines – do something at the right time; not wait too long
Example: He felt he needed to make hay while the sun shines and start the new business while the interest remained strong.
- Open one’s heart – talk about one’s feelings honestly
Example: Knowing her friend was emotionally upset, Susan opened her heart to demonstrate her compassion.