Admission Information              Application Result              Non-local Student

Privacy Policy              Qualification Recognition              Tuition fees/ Financing

Admission Information
Q1. Where can I obtain the programme information?
A: You can visit our website for programme information or obtain the programme leaflets at CityU SCOPE Learning Centres.
Q2. How should I submit my application? What supporting documents do I need to submit?
A: You can submit your application by mail, by hand, apply online (if applicable) and E-APP (for current DSE candidates only). Please refer to the Application Procedure for details.
Q3. Can I submit more than one application?
A: Yes, you can submit more than one application. In case you receive more than one admission offer from CityU SCOPE, you can only choose to enrol in one programme.
Q4. Can I submit a late application?
A: Applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible and before the application deadline. However, late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the relevant programme admission panels.
Q5. How do I amend my information after I have submitted my application form?
A: You should immediately notify CityU SCOPE after submission of application by email at scope@cityu.edu.hk for information amendment. Please state clearly your name and the programme applied for in the notification. You may be asked to provide documentary proof of these changes.
Q6. Will I be invited to attend an admission interview or test?
A: Applicants may be required to attend an admission interview or a test as part of the selection process. Upon submitted your application, applicants who are shortlisted may be notified of the test and/or admission interview arrangements by email.
Q7. What is the format of the admission interview?
A: The format of the interview varies among programmes. Normally group / individual interviews are conducted.
Application Result
Q1. When will the application result be announced?
A: Applicants who are offered admission to a programme will receive individual notification by mail or email right after the selection process (when applicable). Unsuccessful applicants and applicants being placed on the waiting list will also be notified by mail or email before the programme commencement.
Q2. How can I know my application result?
A: Enquiries about your application status can be made by visiting our website www.scope.edu/trackstatus seven working days after submission of your application. All applicants will be informed of their application results by mail or email.
Q3. I received a conditional offer letter from SCOPE. Will I also receive a letter confirming the admission offer after I have fulfilled the conditions?
A: Our School will send you an enrolment letter once you have submitted your final transcripts which show you have fulfilled the conditions. If you would like to accept the offer, please follow the instructions outlined in the “Notes for Applicants on Acceptance of Offer” which is attached to the offer letter (if any).
Q4. Can I appeal if I am denied admission?
A: The selection of candidates is strictly on a competitive basis. All decisions will be final.
Non-local Student
Q1. Will CityU SCOPE sponsor student visa application for non-local applicants?
A: Non-local applicants are defined as persons entering Hong Kong for purpose of education with a student visa or entry permit issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government.

CityU SCOPE will not sponsor student visa application. Students have the responsibility to comply with the immigration rules, regulations and conditions governing their eligibility for studies and stay in Hong Kong. According to the policy of the Education Bureau, Mainland students are not allowed to study non-local programmes in Hong Kong.
Q2. How can I apply for a visa?
A: If you need advice on visa requirements, please consult the Hong Kong Immigration Department HKSAR at http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/study.html
Privacy Policy
Q1. How will the information in my application form be used?
A: The information that you provide in the application form, including the HKID number, examination results and qualifications will be used for the following purposes:

  • as a basis for various types of processing in relation to your application;
  • as a basis for selection for admission to the programme you applied for and for other relevant or related purposes;
  • for obtaining from the relevant examination authority, assessment body or academic institution in Hong Kong and elsewhere, information about your public examination results, records of studies or professional qualifications if deemed appropriate;
  • for transferring relevant data to the student record system of the overseas awarding institution and SCOPE upon successful outcome of your application;
  • for statistical and research purposes (with personal identifiers removed).
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right of access to, and correction of the information contained in the application form, and the right to request a copy of such data during the admission exercise. If you wish to obtain more information, please write to SCOPE. For details of the Personal Data Collection Statement, please refer to the website: http://www.cityu.edu.hk/cityu/geninfo/privacy.htm Unsuccessful application data will be destroyed at the end of the admission exercise.
Qualification Recognition
Q1. Are these programmes/courses recognized in Hong Kong or by the Hong Kong Government / individual employers?
A: All of our Bachelor’s Degree programmes have been accredited by HKCAAVQ to reach HKQF Level 5.  They are equivalent to the standing of bachelor’s degrees offered by the Hong Kong Government for employment purposes within the Civil Service. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which the programme may lead.
Tuition Fees / Financing
Q1. Can I apply for financial assistance from the government?

Local full-time students enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree programmes are eligible to apply for means-tested Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) or Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS).

Students enrolled in Postgraduate, Bachelor’s Degree part-time programmes and some progressional education courses are eligible to apply for Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) offered by the Government’s Student Finance Office (SFO).

If you wish to know more about FASP, NLSPS and ENLS, please visit the SFO website at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo.

Q2. Can I apply for Continuing Education Fund (CEF)?

Some programmes and modules have been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) purposes.  Programmes or modules prepared for students to claim for CEF are indicated by the CEF logo on the brochure as well as programme information on CityU SCOPE website.  Eligible applicants will be reimbursed 80% of the course fee (for the 1st HK$10,000 subsidy) and 60% of the course fee (for the 2nd HK$15,000 subsidy), subject to a maximum sum of HK$25,000, on successful completion of a reimbursable course which classes commence on or after 1 August 2022.  Please note that you are not allowed to apply for both FASP and CEF for the same programme in the same academic year.

Information of CEF reimbursement is also stipulated in Student Handbook.

Please visit www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef for further details about CEF.

Q3. When should I apply for Continuing Education Fund (CEF)?

For CEF course which classes commence on or after 1 April 2019, eligible students may apply for CEF reimbursement upon their successful completion at the end of CEF courses.

Q4. Where can I obtain more information about Continuing Education Fund (CEF)?

Please refer to Continuing Education Fund website below for general enquiries.

Q5. How much is the application fee and how should I pay it?

A non-refundable and non-transferable fee of HK$160 is charged for each application for Bachelor's Degree, Advanced/Professional Diploma and Certificate programmes; HK$200 for Postgraduate programmes. You can pay the application fee by EPS, credit card, ATM, cheque or direct deposit at Hang Seng Bank.

Q6. Can I pay the tuition fees by installment?

The tuition fees are payable by installments except for general courses and some professional programmes.