BSc (Hons) Information Technology for Business*
* This programme was formerly named as BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
The history of Coventry University can be traced back over 175 years to 1843. The academic structure of the University comprises four faculties: Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing; Faculty of Business and Law; Faculty of Health and Life Sciences; and Faculty of Arts and Humanities, with a current total enrolment of around 30,000 students.
Coventry University is situated at the birthplace of the British motor industry and the historical heart of UK manufacturing. Many of its student activities are sourced from industries and are designed to expose students to real-world challenges that are industry relevant.
Coventry University is an uprising achiever university that cares about developing its students …
- Gold rating for teaching excellence - Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017
- Ranked No.13 UK university - The Guardian University Guide 2019
- UK’s highest ranking new university - The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2019
- Top 5 for Student Experience - The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
Programme Code 課程編號
About the Programme 課程簡介
The programme is the first non-local self-financed IT programme achieving local accreditation status in Hong Kong. It aims to provide an integrative approach to the study of IT and business, emphasizing the application of IT for business success. Students will be learning mastery skills in programming, contemporary system development methodologies, business organisation and management. The programme hence offers a sound and relevant education for people wishing to enter and develop a career in an inter-disciplinary field that requires understanding both IT and business.
Programme Structure 課程結構
Programme Features 課程特色
- Develop students’ discipline specialist knowledge, as well as applied employment skills
- Diverse learning setting (including theoretical discourse, hands-on laboratory practice, site visits and corporate projects) to enrich student learning experience which are important for IT industry
- Regular programme review to ensure curriculum is up-to-date. Programme is designed with inputs from practitioners in the IT industry and following professional guidelines of British Computer Society. It bears both strengths for specialist employment and professional development
- Graduates are mainly employed in the fields of software programming, IT consultancy, database administration, project management and business system support. A minority of graduates join the Government in various departments
- Graduates may pursue postgraduate studies offered by local and overseas universities
Programme Specific Requirement 課程特定入學要求
Applicants obtaining total scores of 15 in five HKDSE subjects including English Language at Level 3 and no subject at Level 1; plus one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Design Technology, Computing, or equivalent.
BSc (Hons) Information Technology for Business is recognized under the Qualifications Framework Level 5, QR Registration Number: 18/000509/L5 Validity Period: 01/09/2018 to 31/08/2022.
This is an exempted programme under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (reference number 451831). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this programme may lead.
〈商業資訊科技榮譽理學士〉在資歷架構下獲得認可。資歷級別: 第五級，資歷名冊登記號碼: 18/000509/L5，登記有效期: 由01/09/2018 至31/08/2022。