PROFESSIONAL DEGREE PROGRAMMES LEADING TO CHARTERED ENGINEER
Welcome to this homepage where you will find the most suitable programme of study in fire engineering. Offered by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) through the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), City University of Hong Kong (CityU), the following programmes are specially designed to lead you to obtain professional recognition as a Chartered Engineer:
- Professional Recognitions: A well-established articulation to become professional engineers and obtain professional recognitions (CEng / MHKIE)
- Alumni Networks: Over 1,000 UCLan fire programme graduates successfully completed their studies through CityU SCOPE in the past 10 years
- Enrichment of Students’ Academic Knowledge: Strengthening students’ knowledge and competency in the science of fire engineering
- Enhancement of Students’ Employability: Meeting the training need on fire engineering in major disciplines such as Building Services Engineering, Building Engineering, Civil Engineering and Architectural Studies
- External Professional Supports: The programmes are supported by The Institution of Fire Engineers (HK Branch) [IFE(HK Branch)]
- Teaching and Learning Supports: Students can access to CityU Library, CityU Computing Services Centre and SCOPE Resources Centre with dedicated collections on fire engineering
- Financial Supports to Industry Practitioners: A 5% discount on the programme fee offered to all paid-up IFE (HK Branch) Members
University of Central Lancashire, United Kingdom (UCLan, UK)
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is an international, multi-campus University tracing its roots back to 1828 and leading the way in modern learning today. The main campus is based in Preston in UK. UCLan always believes in helping all to seize every opportunity to flourish in education, at work and for life and is innovative by nature, offering more choices and creating more possibilities. Combining academic excellence and real-world teaching, the Univeristy gives people the skills and experience that the industry needs (https://youtu.be/l1dyIH8zOnU
The University of Lancashire (UCLan) is now one of the UK’s largest universities with a staff and student community approaching 38,000. Its employment-focused course portfolio with over 350 undergraduate programmes, nearly more than 200 postgraduate courses and rich array of CPD courses means that the University
offer students the skills and experience that industry needs.
Building on last year’s impressive rise of 27 places, UCLan has climbed a further 5 places in the Complete University Guide 2021 and are now ranked 70th out of 130 institutions. And UCLan has been ranked first for the money invested into student wellbeing services according to the 2020 Student Welfare League Table. UCLan
has been awarded Silver in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The UClan community is made up of students from more than 100 countries around the world. And UCLan is partnered with 123 institutions across the globe making UCLan a truly international University.
In 2021-22, the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) placed UCLan in the top 7% of universities worldwide.
UClan through the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) at the City University of Hong Kong (CityU), offers part-time programmes of Fire Engineering.
For more details of UCLan and the Department, visit the website at:
Details in this website are accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to revision in the future.
The above courses are exempted courses under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (reference number 451419, 451418, 451312). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualifications to which these courses may lead.