CE2033 Elementary Putonghua for Non-Chinese Speakers
This course aims to:
1. Introduce the basic features of Putonghua and the Hanyu Pinyin system.
2. Enhance the basic Putonghua communication ability in daily life.
1. Basic features of Hanyu Pinyin system, such as initial, final, tone, spelling rules.
2. Basic features of Putonghua, such as pronouns, interrogative mood, modal particle, plural forms.
3. Commonly use Putonghua vocabularies, such as numbers, days of the week, names.
4. Conversations in daily life situations, such as meeting people, chatting about daily life, finding the way.
CityU students who are interested in learning basic Putonghua
Medium of Instruction
The course will be taught in Putonghua, supplemented by English. Bilingual (Chinese & English) teaching materials will be used.
Total Contact Hours: 20 hours
Contact Hours per week: 3 hours (for the first 6 weeks) + 2 hours (for the last week)
No. of Weeks: 7 weeks, 1 session per week
Semester: Semester B, 2018-19
Date: 10 February 2019 to 30 March 2019
||9:00am – 11:50am
For further course information, please visit the below websites: