Medium of instruction in Class

Q1: What is the medium of instruction in class?

A: Overseas Degree programmes are conducted in English. Language courses will be taught in the corresponding languages. Some of the Progression Diploma programmes, Continuing Education Diploma and Certificate programmes and some professional programmes are conducted in English while others are conducted in Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology, if applicable. Language courses will be taught in the corresponding languages.


Adverse Weather Arrangement

Q1: What are the special arrangement during adverse weather conditions?

A: No class will be held upon announcement of storm warning signal No. 8 or above. After the typhoon passes, if the No. 8 signal is lowered (before 7 am in the case of morning classes, before 12 noon in the case of afternoon classes, and before 4 pm in the case of evening classes), classes will meet as usual; otherwise classes will be postponed. For rainstorm black warning, the arrangement will be similar.
For information on how adverse weather will affect CityU award bearing programmes, other activities and offices, please refer to Adverse Weather Arrangements at http://www.cityu.edu.hk/cityu/awa.


Student Support

Q1: Am I eligible to use the CityU Libraries?

A: Students studying overseas degrees and some of the professional programmes are entitled to access the CityU Library and its facilities.


Classroom Venue

Q1: Where will the classes be held?

A: Classes will be held at SCOPE Learning Centres in Kowloon Tong, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Admiralty and/or other designated venues.


Certificates and Transcripts

Q1: When will I receive my transcripts?

A: Transcripts will normally be issued to students within 3 months of completion of the programme. No transcript is available for general courses.

Q2: When will I receive my certificate?

A: You will receive your certificate within 6 months of successful completion of the programme.

Q3: Can I ask third parties to collect my certificate on my behalf?

A: Yes, you can authorize a third party to collect your certificate on your behalf. The third party must present an authorization letter from you and a copy of your HKID to SCOPE staff in order to collect your certificate.

Q4: What should I do if I lose my certificates or transcripts?

A: Students may apply for additional copies of transcripts with a service charge of HK$30 per copy. In case of loss of your award parchment or certificate, no replacement will be issued. However, students can apply for a Certification of Award to certify the award obtained with a service charge of HK$30 per copy.



Q1: I have accepted an offer of admission. When will I get information on enrolment, class schedule and course registration?

A: Normally, you will get the information at least 1 month before the programme commencement.


Leave of Absence

Q1: Is there any leave of absence/sick leave allowed?

A: Applications for leave of absence from studies during the programme should be made to SCOPE in writing, giving the reason for the absence and its expected length. Where the absence is due to illness, a medical certificate is required.


IT Facilities and Services

Q1: What should I do if I forget my PIN?

A: If you forgot your PIN, you have to go to CSC Service Counter in person to have it reset.