Student Activities Fund
- To subsidize meaningful local student activities organized by full-time SCOPE students.
- To encourage students to organize & participate in local activities, so as to develop their leadership abilities and interpersonal skills, attitudes to serve the community, as well as cultivate their personal interests.
Criteria for Recommendation
To be eligible for nomination, students will need to satisfy the following criteria at time of award presentation:
Enrolment as a full-time SCOPE students;
The activity should be able to achieve any one of the following objectives:
- to enhance students' social, educational and recreational life
- to contribute to the enhancement of campus life, student learning, personal development, outdoor activities and social services
- to develop the student’s leadership abilities and interpersonal skills, attitudes to serve the community, as well as cultivate his/her personal interests.
- Submit for approval, a concise proposal that informs the nature of the activities, facilities/equipment required, the budget, & the time frame.
- The amount of sponsorship granted (as shown in the table below) depends on the nature of the proposed activities in connection with Criteria 3. above.
- Priority will be given to the proposal where there are synergies across programmes and mode of deliveries.
|Programmes/ Projects/ Events/ Activities
||Subsidy Percentage/ Amount
||Maximum 60% of approved budget or $45 per head, whichever is lower
||Maximum 30% of approved budget or $100 per head, whichever is lower
|Outreaching/ Social Service
||Maximum 30% of approved budget or $140 per head, whichever is lower
|Workshop/ Training/ Interest Class
||Maximum 20% of approved budget or $55 per head, whichever is lower
There are TWO rounds of applications in a year: First Round 10th March and Second Round 10th July.
Proposal should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
The applicant will be informed of the result of the application in writing no later than two weeks after the respective application deadline.
Evaluation and Claim Form
The spondee should submit an evaluation report (with the following provided template) within 30 days after the event. If the applicant fails to do so, the approved subsidy will be considered forfeited.
Last Updated on 28 September 2018