Welcome to the family of SCOPE!
The School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), established in 1991, is an integral part of CityU. We are also one of the pioneers in Hong Kong’s continuing education sector.
We are dedicated to engaging our students in lifelong learning. Most of our programmes have included the enhancement of students’ language and generic skills as important parts of the curricular. Other supporting standalone workshops and activities targeted at different segments of students are also being planned to improve students’ learning-to-learn abilities.
Students of SCOPE studying overseas degrees, progression diplomas and some of the professional programmes can enjoy many of the services and facilities in the CityU campus and its vicinity.
SCOPE Student Identity Cards are issued to these students so they can access:
- Run Run Shaw Library
- Computing Services Centre
- University’s electronic services
- Express terminals around campus
- Open access areas of CityU
- Student canteens
- CityU restaurants (at non-peak hours)
Special discounts are offered at certain Festival Walk shops for our student card holders.
Run Run Shaw Library
3/F, Academic Building, CityU
- Over 849,000 volumes of books
- Over 184,000 volumes of bound periodicals
- About 40,000 titles of serials
- An expanding number of electronic databases and media resources
- Around 2,000 seats
- Information Space fitted with about 100 PCs
- A number of photocopiers