BA Marketing with Digital Media, Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is one of CityU SCOPE’s largest UK partners of higher education in Hong Kong. Edinburgh Napier delivers the skills and experience that matter. It is one of the largest universities in Scotland, with over 21,000 students. The University is split into five schools:
- The Business School
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts & Creative Industries
- School of Computing, Engineering & the Built Environment
- School of Health & Social Care
The University has approximately 1,500 staff and offers around 300 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as an extensive range of short courses for industry and commerce. Many of its short courses have been tailored to fit international clients’ needs and are delivered abroad.
The Business School
The Business School is one of the largest and modern Business Schools in Scotland with more than 8,500 students. It offers a wide range of Business, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The Business School has been working with SCOPE at City University of Hong Kong since 1997, providing learning opportunities for students in Hong Kong to articulate from their associate degree and diploma programmes onto a number of our honours degree and degree programmes.
The School is the home to four subject groups, namely: Management; Accounting, Finance & Law; and Tourism & Languages and Marketing. The Marketing subject group offers the Marketing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the UK and Hong Kong. Our degrees focus on Marketing Management at both the strategic and tactical levels.
Edinburgh Napier University Scholarship
The scholarship is offered to students in this programme, with outstanding prior academic achievements.
Oversea Study Opportunity
In Trimester 2 students on this programme will have a valuable opportunity to study in the UK campus of Edinburgh Napier University for a whole trimester. Bursaries may be available for eligible students.
Summer International Festivals in Edinburgh
Students will have an opportunity to visit Scotland in the summer for two weeks. They will have the opportunity to learn about Scottish culture and participate in the Edinburgh International Festival. Bursaries may be available for eligible students.
- Top 10 rankings:
- Top-ranked Modern University in Scotland - Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2024
- #The only Schottish university to be shortlisted for University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards 2022
- #Top Scottish modern university for both research power and research impact (REF 2021)
- #1 Modern University in the UK for Computer Science, Criminology, English and Nursing (Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- #Top five university for Film production and Photography and Journalism (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Top 10 Modern UK University for Business, Management & Marketing - The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- Top 10 Modern UK University for Accounting & Finance - The Times & Sunday Times Good University 2022
- #1 university for Student Satisfaction in Edinburgh for the four consecutive years -National Student Survey 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
- The Business School scored 87% for overall satisfaction - National Student Survey 2023
- It is the largest UK provider of higher education in Hong Kong, with more than 3,000 students studying there.
- It is internally recognised: in the recent QS Stars of its teaching, internationalization and employability were all officially recognised, with the University scoring five stars in each category.
- Edinburgh Napier has been offering Marketing programmes in HK since 2000. The graduates of our Marketing programmes will shortly over 2,000.
- Edinburgh Napier University has earned business accreditation from AACSB International, the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools. They are now in the top 6% of business schools globally. You can learn more about the accreditation here.
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No: 22/001026/L5 [BA]
Validity Period: 1 Sep 2023 to 31 Aug 2028
BA Marketing with Digital Media is an exempted programme under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Ref. no.: 453221 [BA]). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which these programmes may lead.
Holders of Associate Degree (AD) or Higher Diploma (HD) in any business or service-related studies with at least one module taken in marketing fundamentals or equivalent qualifications.
* Students from the STEM area and without any study of marketing fundamentals may also be considered. Students will be required to study an additional marketing bridging course (no additional fee will be charged) in the summer. Those applicants should submit their applications before 10 August 2024.
* Students whose qualifications do not quite meet the above requirements but with over two years of marketing or sales experience may be interviewed and considered under the Recognition of Prior Learning for Credit procedures for uncertificated learning. These students will usually be applicants for the part-time programme.
HK$160 , non-refundable (to be paid at the time of application)
BA: HK$71,400 (payable in 3 instalments)
1. All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. In the case of re-assessment and retaking a module, additional fees will be charged.
- Application should be submitted online via www.scope.edu/eapplication.
- Application forms can also be obtained upon request from the reception counter of CityU SCOPE.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis, early application is encouraged.
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of academic merits and relevant work experience. All applicants will be informed of the application results. Please contact CityU SCOPE if you do not receive our decision by late August 2024.
Deadline of Application
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, subject to the availability of places. Early applications are, therefore, strongly encouraged.
Application deadline for candidates who have not studied marketing-related modules: 10 August 2024
Online Enquiries of Application Status
An acknowledgment of your application will be sent to you by email. Inquiries on your application status can also be made by visiting our website: http://www.scope.edu/trackstatus seven days after submission of your application.
Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Some modules of the programme have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Government’s Continuing Education Fund (CEF). For details, please visit the government’s website: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/intro.htm
Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
Students who are not covered under FASP and NLSPS can apply for the government load under the Extended Non-means-tested Load Scheme (ENLS). For details, please visit the government's website: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/eng/schemes/nlss.htm.
School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE)
Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building (LI),
City University of Hong Kong,
Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong
|(852) 3442 0399