Adverse Weather Arrangements
The adverse weather arrangements apply when:
- a typhoon signal No.8 or above is issued; or
- the Hong Kong Observatory announces that a typhoon signal No. 8 or above will be issued within 2 hours; or
- a black rainstorm warning signal is issued; or
- an "extreme condition"# announcement is issued by the Government after super typhoons:
# Under certain “extreme conditions” caused by super typhoons, such as serious disruption of public transport services, extensive flooding, major landslides or large-scale power outage, the Government will review the situation (including public transportation and other aspects).
A. Arrangements for Online Classes and Examinations
- If the Hong Kong Observatory announces that a typhoon signal No. 8 or above will be issued within 2 hours or a black rainstorm warning is issued, for online classes or examinations that are scheduled later in the day, the Module Leader of the classes or examinations shall decide whether the classes should continue as scheduled or be cancelled. All relevant students will be informed of the decision by email/ SMS as soon as practicable.
- If a typhoon signal No. 8 or above is issued or the Hong Kong Observatory announces that a typhoon signal No. 8 or above will be issued within 2 hours when online activities are already in progress, classes, interviews, admission tests, examinations and all other activities being held online should continue except for situations which endanger students or teaching staff.
B. Arrangements for Classes, Examinations and Other Activities on CityU Campus / TST East Learning Centre
|Signal/Announcement Issued||Cancellation of Classes, Examinations and Other Activities on CityU Campus / TST East Learning Centre|
|7 am – 11:59 am||Morning sessions starting before 2 pm will be cancelled.|
|12 noon – 3:59 pm||Afternoon sessions starting between 2 pm and before 6:30 pm will be cancelled.|
|4 pm or after||Evening sessions starting at or after 6:30 pm will be cancelled.|
If the above signal or announcement is issued when classes, examinations and scheduled activities are in progress:
|Typhoon signal No.8 or above is issued or will be issued within 2 hours||
Examinations will continue unless the Chief Invigilators are advised that they should be terminated.
|Black rainstorm warning signal is issued||Classes, examination and all other activities being held on CityU Campus and TST East Learning Centre should continue as normal unless otherwise advised by CityU SCOPE as appropriate.|
The following applies when the typhoon signal No.8, black rainstorm warning signal, or "extreme condition" announcement issued by the Government after super typhoons is cancelled:
|Signal Cancelled||Arrangements for Classes, Examinations and Other Activities on CityU Campus / TST East Learning Centre|
|7 am or before||All classes and exams will resume as scheduled.|
|7:01 am - 12 noon||
|12:01 pm - 4 pm||
|4:01 pm or after||All afternoon and evening sessions starting at or after 2 pm will be cancelled.|
Please note that announcements made by the Government’s Education Bureau relating to suspension of classes for schools and post-secondary colleges do not apply to the CityU SCOPE programmes. In case of other inclement weather which would affect normal class meetings, an announcement will be made via SMS.