FDSc Fire Safety Engineering, University of Central Lancashire
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), through the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), City University of Hong Kong (CityU), is offering a part-time programme leading to the award of Foundation degree in Science in Fire Safety Engineering.
- Professional Recognitions: A well-established articulation to BEng and MSc programme to become professional engineers and obtain professional recognitions (CEng / MHKIE).
- Alumni Networks: Over 1,000 UCLan fire programme graduates successfully completed their studies through CityU SCOPE in the past 10 years
- Enrichment of Students’ Academic Knowledge: Strengthening students’ knowledge and competency in the science of fire engineering
- Enhancement of Students’ Employability: Meeting the training need on fire engineering in major disciplines such as Building Services Engineering, Building Engineering, Civil Engineering and Architectural Studies
- External Professional Supports: The programmes are supported by The Institution of Fire Engineers (HK Branch) [IFE(HK Branch)]
- Teaching and Learning Supports: Students can access to CityU Library, CityU Computing Services Centre and SCOPE Resources Centre with dedicated collections on fire engineering
- Financial Supports to Industry Practitioners: A 5% discount on the programme fee of non-CEF reimbursable modules offered to all paid-up IFE (HK Branch) Members
- QF level: 4
- QR Registration number: 14/002667/L4
- Validity period: 1 Sep 2014 to 31 Aug 2027
The above course is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (reference number 451419). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualifications to which the course may lead.